10 Rags To Riches CEOs Who Now Make Millions
CNBC posts some pretty interesting slide shows. Today, I’ll share one of their most inspiring: CEOs Who Went From Rags to Riches. Notable names on the list include Lloyd Blankfein (left), Oprah Winfrey and Howard Schultz. Blankfein, for example, was raised in a housing project in Brooklyn. Now, he is the Cheif Executive Officer (CEO) of Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs and reportedly earned $73 million in 2007. And Oprah Winfrey went from being born to a poor teenage mother to being named the wealthiest African-American in the world by Forbes Magazine. Impressive, huh? Check out the complete list below. To find out more about these CEOs, click on the links provided.
1. Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman Sachs Group – net worth of $450 million
2. Oprah Winfrey, Harpo Productions – net worth of $2.7 billion
3. John Paul Dejoria, John Paul Mitchell Systems – net worth of $4.2 billion
4. Howard Schultz, Starbucks – net worth of $1.1 billion
5. Sean Combs, Sean John Clothing – net worth of $475 million
6. Ursula M. Burns, Xerox – net worth not available
7. Steve Jobs, Apple – net worth of $8.3 billion
8. Chris Gardner, Gardner Rich & Co. – net worth of $60 million
9. Sheldon Adelson, Las Vegas Sands – net worth of $21.5 billion
10. Curtis Jackson, G-Unit Records – net worth of $100 million
What We Can Learn From These CEOs
It doesn’t matter who you are. Everyone, and I mean everyone, can become successful if they work hard enough. These 10 CEOs stand as a great example of that. They all started with nothing but through perseverance and determination, they achieved amazing wealth and success. If they can do it, you can do it. We can all learn an important lesson from these entrepreneurs.
Know of any other self made millionaire (or billionaire) CEOs? Leave them in the comments section – thanks!
Thanks for reading,